Offer Your Services
Since OccuPaws is a volunteer-driven association, we are always in need of people’s time, knowledge, and experience! Some ways of helping us are obvious, such as raising a puppy or serving on the Board of Directors, but we need many different skills: – YOU DO NOT NEED TO ATTEND PUPPY TRAINING CLASSES TO BECOME A NON-RAISER VOLUNTEER.
- We need lots of volunteers to help with our fund-raising events and efforts. We receive no government or insurance company funding, but rely on individual and corporate donors, grants, and fund-raisers. Would you like to help organize one? Or even just help the day of the event?
- Perhaps, your skills are more administrative (such as writing thank you notes, input into and maintaining databases, making phone calls, sending out flyers, etc.) We can certainly use help in those areas.
- Are your people skills and interviewing talents such that you could help by doing home visits for prospective puppy raisers/sitters?
- Are you technology literate? Maybe you would like to help with our email newsletter: development, maintenance, or distribution. We also need help in supporting segments of our website, Facebook page, or our Blog. We can use you!
- Maybe your interest still lies with the dogs, but a full time month commitment is just not possible. Consider being an OccuPaws puppy sitter on weekends or vacations. Just a day or a week or a weekend: You decide. Contact our Puppy Sitter Coordinator and ask what is involved or fill out our online Puppy Sitter Application.
- Are you at ease in front of large groups/public speaking? How about working with some of our board members on Community Outreach (such as educating elementary kids on kindness to animals, importance of guide dog etiquette, etc.)
- You could contact businesses for In-Kind donations for raffles and Silent Auctions.
- If written communication skills far exceed your public speaking desires – Help us write grants.