_____The 2016 Calendar Contest is here!_____ We’re excited to kick-start this awesome fundraiser, and to see all of the amazing photos you’ve taken.
2016 Calendar/Contest Information
- Grand Prize: 1 cover winner will be chosen from our OccuPaws service dogs & pups in training, and the photographer will receive a free calendar
- First Place: 12 monthly winners will be chosen – one for each month of the year. First place winners do not need to be an OccuPaws dog. Any photogenic pet is eligible!
- Runners-up: Since every pet is a winner, many of the remaining photos will be used in blank spaces for each month.
- Deadline for submissions is Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Digital submissions only, 8+ Megapixel preferred.
- All photos must be high resolution and must be clear when enlarged to 8.5 x 11 inches. The best way to achieve this is to take high resolution photos with your digital camera (reference your manual for that). After you take them, don’t crop, edit, resave, or compress them, send them in as is.
- Photos can be landscape or portrait – if we have two great photos that are portraits, they may both be chosen to fill one month
- Photos must be your own – please don’t send copyrighted or professionally done photos.
- Submit photos by using the form below or send to email@example.com with 2016 Calendar as the subject. Please include the name(s) of the pet(s) in the file name(s) of the photos. (You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. If you do not receive a confirmation within two days of your submission, please contact us, and we will work out a plan to resubmit.)
- In the email text or in the line provided below, please include the pet(s) name(s) as shown in the photo as well age(s).
- Don’t be afraid to get a closeup.
- Shoot lower to the ground for a pet’s-eye view.
- Have a friend get their attention while you snap away. Bring treats.
- Choose a simple background, a natural background, or a complimentary / contrasting background so your pet really stands out.
- Shoot with the sun behind you, or on a cloudy day for best lighting.
- Wait for it…patience and setup make for amazing images.
- Have fun! Pets sense everything, so don’t force the pose.
Cost for Submission
- Each photo submission is $1.00
Submit your photo(s) below.
NOTE: If submitting multiple photos, hold down your Ctrl button as you click on each picture (marking them) to submit them all at once. That will save you multiple time filling out the form for each picture. Also, if you submit multiple pictures, in Paypal, be sure to select the correct number for a proper calculation.
Pay for your entries here AFTER clicking SUBMIT to send your photos